Proof of Residency

To enroll a student, the parent or legal guardian must first establish proof of residence in the school district. Proof of residence requires ONE item checked from EACH column below.

Column A

Column B

Mortgage Statement Unpaid Utility Bill
Real Estate Tax Bill Verification of Service from Utility Provider
Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Personal Property Tax Invoice or Recent Receipt
Residential Lease – signed by both parties (enrolling student’s name must be on lease) Welfare, Social Security or other Legal Court Document
Rental Agreement – signed by both parties (enrolling student’s name must be on agreement) Municipal Occupancy Permit for the Address of Residence
Driver’s License

A self-mail letter, Notary Public statement or change of address card WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. 

Note: According to Board Policy JECA, “In cases where a student living in the district wishes to register and such student is not able to provide proof that the student is domiciled in the district, the student, parent, military guardian, legal guardian or person acting as a parent may request a waiver of proof of residency. Waiver of proof of residency may only be granted on the basis of hardship or good cause.” In order to request a waiver, the parent/guardian must contact the Assistant Superintendent.


It is a crime to provide the district false information regarding residency. The Board authorizes the superintendent or designee to seek all criminal and civil recourse against any person who attempts to fraudulently assert residency in the district. Based on state statute 167.020, RSMo, any person who knowingly submits false information to satisfy the residency requirements shall be subject to class A misdemeanor charges and may be civilly liable for the expense incurred while the student was enrolled. 


Please contact our District Registrar to make an appointment.

Joan Lauman
District Registrar
314-544-1300 x918

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.